In 2012 Trade Windows Services Ltd became a founding member of the Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme.
The happy truth is that most of Trade Windows Services new business comes through referrals and recommendations from satisfied customers. The sad fact is that the excellent reputation of many double glazing and conservatory manufacturers and installers is adversely affected by a few rogue traders.
The Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS) was established give protection and peace of mind to customers.
Advantages of using companies registered with the DGCOS include:
- Deposit Protection Insurance
- A Comprehensive Written Guarantee on the quality of workmanship.
- An Insurance Backed Guarantee in the event of the installer ceasing to trade.
- Free inspections of disputed installations.
- Free Conciliation, Mediation, and legally binding Arbitration to deal with any disputes that may arise between consumers and members.
- Access to the DGCOS Compensation Fund to honour any awards made by The Ombudsman.
The Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme is not only there to put things right should they go wrong. They are there to ensure that the installation of double glazed windows and conservatories goes right in the first place. The conditions of membership of the DGCOS require companies to:
- Provide DGCOS administrators with a minimum of 10 customer references of installations carried out within last 12 months.
- Provide DGCOS administrators with a minimum of 3 supplier references.
- Carry minimum insurances of a) £5m Public Liability b) £10m Employers Liability.
- Provide every customer with a Written Contract.
- Provide every customer with a Written Guarantee.
- Provide every customer with Deposit Protection Insurance.
- Provide every customer with an Insurance Backed Guarantee.
- Comply with building control regulations on every installation.
- Allow DGCOS Inspectors to inspect any installation deemed necessary.
- Submit to the legal jurisdiction of DGCOS and the Ombudsman.
- Other Terms & Conditions Apply
The Double Glazing & Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme, Testimonials and Trusted Traders