UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Multi-Fold Doors, Conservatories for Domestic & Trade, Essex
Trade Window Services Ltd, are major suppliers of double glazing products to customers in the Southend, Leigh, Wickford, Rayleigh, Basildon and Chelmsford areas of Essex. FENSA registered Trade Window Services Ltd have an awareness of the products and names within glazing, which are reliable and sought after by both domestic and trade customers. One of these names is REHAU, who are renowned market leaders in providing UPVC products, including glazing systems for windows and doors. REHAU are committed to concepts like sustainability and energy efficiency, and are constantly developing new and superior polymer solutions.
PVC or polyvinyl chloride, is used in most environments for packaging, flooring, windows, cables, medical, pipes, leisure and tensile roofs.
REHAU have included on their website, a pocket sized leaflet produced by the British Plastics Federation [BPF] Vinyls Group, giving 12 reasons for the popularity and frequent use of PVC in many industries. The leaflet collates the findings of many studies on PVC, which have concluded that it is a cost effective and beneficial material. A brief summary of the 12 reasons looks like this:-
1. PVC is safe, being one of a very limited amount of materials deemed safe for storage of live human blood cells. Also PVC has European approval concerning food contact and medical use.
2. Highly versatile, durable and easily processed, PVC is ideal for construction projects.
3. With only 43% oil content PVC requires less fossil fuels to produce than any other commodity plastic.
4. Less primary energy is used in its production.
5. Production of PVC has a fairly low carbon footprint [1.9kg] compared to other products such as aluminium [10kg], cheese [11kg] or lamb [14kg].
6. PVC delivers a better cost to performance value than most other materials.
7. 75% of BFRC ‘A’ rated thermally efficient windows have PVC profiles.
8. PVC products feature positively in studies like the energy rating system revision conducted by the British Research Establishment for the Green Guide in 2008.
9. Not only is PVC fully recyclable, its carbon footprint reduces with each new post-recycle life. Over 300,000 tonnes of post consumer PVC are recycled each year across Europe, this will rise to 800,000 by 2020.
10. Intentions for ecologically responsible aims were demonstrated by the phasing out by 2010 of heavy metal additives.
11. Constant researching and improving within the industry has seen advances with new sustainability programmes such as VinylPlus.
12. During the 2012 Olympic games PVC based materials were used for flooring, seating, pipes, cabling, sports equipment and barriers. This was due to PVC being sited as the only material to satisfy health and safety requirements.
Trade Window Services Ltd have over 20 years of bringing excellent quality UPVC window systems, doors and conservatories to our customers, and are happy to recommend and promote UPVC in this instance as a winning material.
Call us on 01702 557137